20.6.08

Unfounded Fears #2

Being Attacked in the Shower

Although its not nearly as bad as it used to
I have this incredible feeling that someone
is going to attack me when I'm in the shower

Photobucket

It happens a lot when Im in a shower with a curtain vs. the see through glass doors
It gets to the point where i break out into a cold sweat and basically have a panic attack
and i force myself to peek out behind the curtain and make sure

I really have no reason to be afraid of this
I lock the bathroom doors, and someone else is nearly always home
Movies or books that talk about being attacked in the shower never freak me out
It just sort of started happening
Getting this creepy feeling that someone is watching you

Photobucket

There are a few things that make it better:
  1. Those frosted glass doors
  2. Well lit showers
  3. See through shower curtains (although that makes my inner designer cringe)
  4. Windows to the outside in the bathroom, especially if they are in the shower
I don't really have a problem with people seeing me naked or anything
In fact I pretty much walk around naked in front of windows constantly
And I never feel vulnerable normally

And I'm not normally afraid of small places
So I don't think that its claustrophobia or anything

It's just I don't like the idea of someone being there and not knowing it I guess